CONEY ISLAND, NY (August 6, 2019) – Antoine Duplantis delivered the walk-off hit to send the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, to a 2-1 victory over the Hudson Valley Renegades Tuesday at MCU Park. With the victory, the Cyclones sit just 1/2 a game back of first place.
For the full box score, click here.
W: Hejka (1-0)
L: Gross (1-3)
- Down 1-0 in the ninth, the Cyclones rallied to tie the game and secure the walk-off victory. Jake Mangum’s RBI single scored Kennie Taylor from third base, and Antoine Duplantis’ run-scoring single plated Jake Ortega to send Brooklyn to a 2-1 victory.
- Pedro Diaz’s RBI single in the seventh against Brooklyn’s Hunter Parsons broke the scoreless tie, giving Hudson Valley a 1-0 lead.
- For the fourth consecutive game, Garrison Bryant tossed a quality start. In the no-decision, the righty shut out the Renegades over six innings of three-hit ball with five strikeouts and no walks.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Garrison Bryant: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Antoine Duplantis: 1-4, RBI, HBP
- Jake Mangum: 2-3, RBI, BB, SAC, SB
- Jake Ortega: 1-1, R
NEWS & NOTES
- Since July 4, Garrison Bryant has allowed six earned runs over his past 41 innings, posting a 1.32 ERA. Bryant has also started all three of Brooklyn’s early Camp Day games this season – two at home and one on the road.
- Antoine Duplantis threw out K.V. Edwards at home plate to end the seventh inning, collecting his team-leading seventh outfield assist of the season.
- Brooklyn has won six of eight games against the Renegades in 2019.
Cyclones vs. Hudson Valley – Wednesday, 7 p.m.
MCU Park – Coney Island, NY
Probables: RHP Michel Otanez (1-1, 0.87) vs. LHP Ben Brecht (1-0, 0.87)