WILLIAMSPORT, PA (August 3, 2019) – The Williamsport Crosscutters stunned the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, handing them a 4-3 late comeback victory Saturday night at BB&T Ballpark in the middle game of a three-game set.
For the full box score, click here.
For the highlights, click here.
W: Kinney (2-1)
L: Silva (1-2)
SV: Made (3)
• Williamsport rallied for three runs in the bottom of the eighth inning against Cyclones reliever Luis Silva who allowed two runs on a pair of wild pitches. Kendall Simmons’ sac fly pushed the lead to 4-3.
• Brooklyn jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the top of the fourth when Luke Ritter doubled in a run and scored on an error.
• Johan Rojas tripled and scored on Bryson Stott’s run-scoring single in the bottom of the fourth, cutting the Cyclones lead to 2-1.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Kennie Taylor: 2-5, SB
• Luke Ritter: 1-4, 2B, RBI, R
• Jake Mangum: 1-2, SAC, BB, RBI, SB
• Nelson Leon: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 4 K
• Nathan Jones: 1 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 1 K
NEWS & NOTES
• Nathan Jones made his second professional appearance, pitching for the first time since June 17.
• Luis Silva blew his second save of the season, tossing a pair of wild pitches in the eighth. The Cyclones have thrown 35 wild pitches with RISP, the second-most in the league.
• Jake Mangum continued his hitting streak, pushing it to seven games.
Cyclones at Williamsport – Sunday, 5:05 p.m.
BB&T Ballpark – Williamsport, PA
Probables: RHP Frank Valentino (1-2, 4.33) vs. RHP Jose Conopoima (0-3, 1.75)