BURLINGTON, VT (July 28, 2019) – Gavin Garay and Wilmer Reyes each homered as the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, collected a season-high 15 hits in a 9-1 victory to sweep the Vermont Lake Monsters Sunday evening at Centennial Field.
For the full box score, click here.
For the highlights, click here.
W: Gaconi (2-1)
L: Shuman (0-2)
Cyclones HR: Reyes (4), Garay (1)
• Wilmer Reyes went 3-5, including a two-run home run in the top of the third to give Brooklyn a 2-0 lead against starter Seth Shuman.
• Ahead 5-0 in the fifth, Gavin Garay slammed his first Brooklyn homer, a three-run shot, to push the lead to 8-0. Garay finished with a season-high three hits and three RBIs. • Rehabber Colin Holderman tossed three perfect innings to begin the contest. Corey Gaconi, who earned the victory, allowed one hit over three innings.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Gavin Garay: 3-4, HR, 3 RBI, R
• Wilmer Reyes: 3-5, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R
• Chandler Avant: 2-4, RBI, 2 R
• Colin Holderman: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
NEWS & NOTES
• Brooklyn earned the sweep to push to 25-16, a new high watermark for the Cyclones who remain in first place.
• The Cyclones collected a season-high-tying nine runs on a season-high 15 hits. Eight of the nine Cyclones hitters in the lineup tallied at least one hit.
• Brooklyn pitching held Vermont’s offense to three runs and 10 hits for the three-game series.
Cyclones vs. Lowell (DH) – Tuesday, 6 p.m.
MCU Park – Coney Island, NY
Probables: G1: RHP Frank Valentino (1-1, 3.33 ERA) vs. RHP Ryan Zeferjahn (0-1, 7.71 ERA) G2: RHP Mitch Ragan (1-2, 1.83 ERA) vs. LHP Kelvin Sanchez (2-1, 3.98 ERA)