BROOKLYN, NY (June 30, 2019) – Wilmer Reyes smashed two home runs Sunday, but the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, snapped their five-game winning streak with a 6-4 loss to the Lowell Spinners Sunday at MCU Park.
For the full box score, click here.
W: Sanchez (1-0)
L: Lasko (0-1)
S: Suero (1)
Cyclones HR: Reyes 2 (2)
• Lowell enjoyed a six-run seventh inning, scoring on two Brooklyn errors. Jaxx Groshans drilled a three-run shot to punctuate the rally.
• Wilmer Reyes cracked two home runs, finishing 3-4 with three RBIs. His two-run shot in the second made it 2-0, and he followed with a solo homer in the fourth for his first two dingers as a Cyclone.
• Frank Valentino allowed three unearned runs in 5-1/3 innings, striking out five in a no-decision. The West Islip, NY native was signed by the Mets Wednesday.
• Mets reliever Justin Wilson threw one scoreless inning in a rehab appearance, striking out two. He allowed a walk and a hit, throwing 14 of his 19 pitches for strikes.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Wilmer Reyes: 3-4, 2 HR, 3 RBI
• Frank Valentino: ND, 5.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R (0 ER), 5 K
• Justin Wilson: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 K
NEWS & NOTES
• Wilmer Reyes collected the second multi-home run game of his career. In 179 professional games, he now has 10 home runs.
• Two recent Mets draft picks from the SEC, LSU’s Antoine Duplantis and Mississippi State’s Cole Gordon made their professional debuts. Duplantis finished 1-4, collecting a single in the third for his first pro hit. Gordon tossed a scoreless ninth inning with three strikeouts.
Cyclones at Hudson Valley Renegades, 7:05 p.m.
Dutchess Stadium—Wappingers Falls, NY
Probables: RHP Jaison Vilera (1-1, 4.22 ERA) vs. RHP Zach Trageton (2-1, 2.40 ERA)