CONEY ISLAND, NY (June 28, 2019) – Luke Ritter went 5-6, including the game-winning RBI single in the bottom of the 11th to send the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, to a 5-4 victory over the Lowell Spinners in Friday night in the opener of a four-game set.
For the full box score, click here.
For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Mullenbach (1-0)
L: Jackson (0-1)
Cyclones HR: Ritter (2)
- Luke Ritter tied a Cyclones single-game record with his five-hit performance, winning the game in the 11th on an RBI single after tying the game on a two-out solo home run in the bottom of the ninth to extend the contest. He finished a triple shy of the cycle.
- Trailing 3-2, Lowell rallied for two runs in the top of the ninth, scoring on Jonathan Diaz’s RBI double and Ricardo Cubillan’s sac fly.
- Zach Ashford’s two-out, two-run three-bagger gave Brooklyn a one-run lead against Lowell reliever Ryan Fernandez in the sixth, making it 3-2.
- Mets rehabber Jeurys Familia tossed 1 1/3 innings, tossing 10 of 13 pitches for strikes. He struck out two in the outing.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Luke Ritter: 5-6, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, R
- Zach Ashford: 2-5, 3B, 2 RBI, BB, R
- Yoel Romero: 2-5
- Jeurys Familia: 1 1/3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
NEWS & NOTES
- Luke Ritter tallied his first five-hit game. He was just 4-33 entering Friday.
- Brooklyn extended its winning streak to a season-long four games, going to extra innings for the third consecutive night.
- Cyclones pitching has not allowed a run in four extra-innings frames.
Cyclones vs. Lowell Spinners, 5 p.m. – Single admission doubleheader
MCU Park – Coney Island, NY
Game one: RHP Garrison Bryant (1-1, 4.50 ERA) vs. RHP Aldo Ramirez (1-0, 1.80 ERA)
Game two: RHP Corey Gaconi (first start) vs. RHP Miguel Suero (0-0, 0.00 ERA)