TROY, NY (August 22, 2018) – The Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets scored three early runs, but fell 7-6 to the Tri-City ValleyCats Wednesday night at Bruno Stadium, suffering a three-game sweep.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Lopez (3-1)
L: Megill (0-2)
S: Tejada (1)
- Tri-City’s Michael Wielansky delivered an RBI triple and Juan Pineda chipped in a run-scoring single, breaking a tie to give the ‘Cats a 7-5 lead in the sixth.
- Enmanuel Valdez capped a streak of five unanswered runs for the ValleyCats, homering in the bottom of the second to push the lead to 5-3.
- Chase Chambers led a first-inning attack, driving in two on a single in Brooklyn’s three-run first inning.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Chase Chambers: 2-4, 2 RBI, R
- Wagner Lagrange: 2-3, RBI, R
- Chandler Avant: 2-4, RBI
NEWS & NOTES
- The Cyclones were swept for the third time this season, suffering sweeps against Tri-City, Aberdeen, and Hudson Valley.
- With Wednesday’s loss, the Cyclones are three games back of Hudson Valley in McNamara Division, good for third place behind Staten Island with 12 games to play.
- Josh Walker lasted just 1 2/3 innings as Brooklyn’s starter, his shortest start of the season.
Brooklyn vs. Connecticut – Thursday, 7 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn, NY
Probables: RHP Briam Campusano (3-5, 4.96) vs. RHP Carlos Guzman (3-3, 3.12)