WAPPINGERS FALLS, NY (August 19, 2018) – Brian Sharp’s heroics led the way in an offensive onslaught as the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, combined for a season-high 19 hits in a 10-2 win over the Hudson Valley Renegades Sunday night in the rubber game at Dutchess Stadium.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Wilson (3-3)
L: Muller (0-1)
Cyclones HR: Sharp (4)
- Brian Sharp delivered a go-ahead two-run double in the top of the sixth, giving Brooklyn a 3-2 lead. Sharp crushed a solo home run down the right field line in the eighth, pushing the lead to 5-2.
- Wagner Lagrange’s two-run double capped a six-run eighth inning against Hudson Valley reliever B.J. Myers, giving the Cyclones a 10-2 advantage.
- Dylan Tice went 3-4, including a two-strike, two-out RBI single in the top of the third to give Brooklyn a 1-0 lead.
- Kyle Wilson earned his third consecutive victory, striking out six over five innings of five-hit ball. Wilson allowed two runs (one earned) in the effort.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Brian Sharp: 2-5, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, R
- Dylan Tice: 3-4, 2B, 2 RBI, 3 R, BB
- Carlos Cortes: 3-5, RBI, R
- Kyle Wilson: 5 IP, 5 H, 2 R (1 ER), 0 BB, 6 K
NEWS & NOTES
- With Sunday’s win, the Cyclones are tied for first place in the McNamara Division with 15 games to play.
- Brooklyn tallied a season-high 19 hits, with every player in the starting lineup collecting at least one hit.
- Carlos Cortes recorded a career-high-tying three hits for the second consecutive night.
Brooklyn at Tri-City – Monday, 7:05 p.m.
Joseph L. Bruno Stadium – Troy, NY
Probables: RHP Jaison Vilera (5-1, 1.30) vs. LHP Carlos Hiraldo (4-0, 3.00)