BROOKLYN, NY (June 25, 2018) – Lowell’s Eduard Bazardo tossed six scoreless frames lifting the Spinners to a 11-2 win over the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, Monday night at MCU Park in the second of a three-game set to snap the Cyclones’ four-game winning streak.
For the full box score -- click here
For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Bazardo (1-2)
L: Wilson (0-1)
• Lowell starter Eduard Bazardo twirled six innings of two-hit ball, striking out six Cyclones en route to the victory. He allowed five over the minimum and did not allow more than a baserunner per frame.
• Brooklyn starter Kyle Wilson retired the first eight men he faced before allowing four two-out runs in the third inning, including Kole Cotton’s three-run home run.
• Chase Chambers’ RBI single and Ross Adolph’s RBI triple in the eighth cut the deficit to 11-2.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Ross Adolph: 2-4, 3B, RBI
• Chase Chambers: 1-4, RBI, R
• David Miranda: 1-4, 2B
NEWS & NOTES
• Brooklyn snapped its second four-game winning streak of the season with Monday’s loss. The Cyclones have not lost back-to-back games.
• Wagner Lagrange snapped his team-high 10-game hitting streak which dated back to the final game of 2017.
• Kyle Wilson tied a career high with five strikeouts, while Ross Adolph hit his league-leading third triple.
Brooklyn vs. Lowell, Tuesday, 7 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn, NY
Probables: RHP Christian James (1-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. LHP Brian Brown (0-1, 0.00 ERA)