BROOKLYN, NY (June 18, 2018) – Jose Medina and the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short-Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, scored early and held on late to top the Hudson Valley Renegades 9-7 Monday night in the series opener at MCU Park.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Oxford (1-0)
L: Padilla (0-1)
S: Lozer (1)
• Jose Medina went 4-5, including a two-run triple in Brooklyn’s five-run second inning. Chase Chambers added an RBI single, and Ross Adolph was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded, pushing the lead to 6-1.
• Hudson Valley rallied for six runs in the final two innings, including a three-run, bases-clearing double by Jacson McGowan in the top of the ninth to make it 9-7.
• Jaison Vilera tossed four innings of two-hit ball, walking three and striking out six. He allowed a sacrifice fly in the top of the second inning as his lone run allowed.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Jose Medina: 4-5, 3B, 2 RBI, R
• Chase Chambers: 2-4, 2B, RBI, R, BB
• Jose Brizuela: 2-4, RBI
• Jaison Vilera: 4 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
NEWS & NOTES
• With Monday’s win over Hudson Valley, the Cyclones took over first place in the McNamara Division. It also marked Brooklyn’s first win over Hudson Valley Since August 4, 2016.
• Ross Adolph and Chase Chambers each recorded their first professional hits.
• Monday’s game experienced a one hour, two minute rain delay.
Cyclones vs. Renegades, Tuesday, 7 p.m.
Probables: RHP Ryan McAuliffe (0-0, -.-- ERA) vs. RHP Blake Pflughapt (0-0, -.-- ERA)