Recession? What recession? On July 23rd, the Brooklyn Cyclones will be celebrating money managers, financial analysts, and bean-counters with Moneyball Night.
That night, throughout the team's 7 pm game against the Vermont Lake Monsters, the Cyclones will conduct a variety of themed entertainment, including:
- Opening Bell to replace "Play Ball" before first pitch
- Balancing the Books (two accountants will race towards home plate balancing books on their heads
- Bear Sterns Limbo (how low can you go?)
- Count the Beans (guess how many are in the jar)
- Pocket Protector prizes
- Bear vs. Bull race to replace traditional mascot race
- Initial Public Offering of Sandy the Seagull (for a workplace or charity appearance)
"It's a tough time for money managers, so we're going to create a night that will bring smiles to their faces," said Cyclones General Manager Steve Cohen. "We want them to know that we're rooting for them just as hard as we do for our favorite players...if not more!"
Bankers and accountants who bring groups of 20 or more to Moneyball Night will receive discounted tickets, starting as low as five dollars, and will be eligible to participate in between-inning on-field contests and entertainment.
Cyclones ticket plans and group tickets are available now online or by phone at 718-37-BKLYN. Individual game tickets will be on sale in early May.