To Purchase Tickets -- CLICK HERE
Use Code "TheBeast"
We all have one. It’s a rainy Saturday afternoon and you’re sitting in front of the TV, channel surfing, and just when you’re about to start all over again…THERE IT IS! That movie you’ve seen 1,000 times, but you still can’t get enough of it. For us in the world of baseball, there are just too many of these movies to choose a favorite. Maybe it’s Field of Dreams or The Sandlot. Could be Bull Durham or Major League. We can’t choose…and luckily we don’t have to.
On Wednesday, August 2nd the Cyclones will celebrate Baseball on the Big Screen, a tribute to all of our favorite baseball movies, when they take on the Tri-City ValleyCats at 7:00 PM.
Highlighting the night will be an appearance from Chauncey Leopardi who played the role of Squints Palledorous in “The Sandlot.” There will be a limited edition Squints bobblehead that goes on sale Saturday, April 1st at 10 AM. The package will include a field box ticket and the bobblehehead for just $20. Warning: if you don’t get one, you risk being called a L-7 weenie!
Here’s a look at some of the other fun we have planned for the night:
• S’more what? - In honor of the culinary expertise of The Great Hambino, we will have a s’mores eating pre-game contest. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham, then you roast the mallow, when the mallow is flaming you stick it on the chocolate, then you cover it with the other end. Then, you scarf!
• Saved by Wendy Peffercorn – Contestants will play a game of horse shoes using life preservers in hopes of saving their partners. The winners will know EXACTLY what they’re doing!
• Willie Mays Hayes Pajama Race – Like the speedster himself, contestants will have to run the 40-yard dash…wearing pajamas.
• Plunk the Mascot – Just like Bull Durham, contestants will be asked to replicate Nuke LaLoosh and plunk our beloved Sandy the Seagull. No seagulls will be harmed in the making of this competition.
• Enrico Pallazzo Strike Three Dance Off – We’ve all thought about it. What would you do if you were behind the plate, calling balls and strikes. The bases are loaded, there are two outs and two strikes. The pitcher on the mound deals a knee-buckling curve ball and you ring up the batter at the plate. Leslie Nielson famously did it in The Naked Gun, now here’s your chance.
• Henry Rowengartner Spelling Bee – Rosinbager! Gardenhoser! We’ve all had a tough time spelling names like Jason Isringhausen, A.J. Pierzynski or Marc Rzepczysnki. In honor of the star pitcher from Rookie of the Year, contestants will be asked to spell out some of the most tongue-twisting names in baseball.
• Field of Dreams Pre-Game Catch with Dad.
• If You Build It – Contestants will compete in a game of Giant Jenga on the concourse…people will come.
And that’s just some of the fun.
Single game tickets for the 2017 season will go on sale on Saturday, April 22nd at 10 AM. But the limited edition “Squints” package will go on sale Saturday, April 1st at 10 AM. Click the link HERE and use the code “TheBeast”.
Opening Day for the 2017 season is Monday, June 19th at Staten Island. Full season, partial season and group packages are available now by calling 718-37-BKLYN. Season ticket holders who would like to purchase the package can call the box office at 718-382-2610 and pay the upgrade fee.