With the calendar turning over to 2017, it seems like a good time to unveil some of the changes coming to MCU Park this summer. While the fun and excitement you’ve come to expect from the Brooklyn Cyclones will be back and better than ever, there are a few changes that we thought you should know before purchasing your group or partial season plans for the 2017 season:
- PREMIUM DATES: New for 2017 will be our premium dates. These 10 dates are scattered throughout the schedule and will feature giveaways that are sure to be fan favorites. We will increase the quantity of items available on these days to the first 5,000 fans in attendance. Tickets for these games will cost $18 for Field Box and $12 for bleachers. By increasing the number of giveaways, we hope to allow more fans to go home happy, without having to line up hours before first pitch to make sure they get the item they crave. Tickets for the majority of the season will remain $17 for field box and $10 for bleachers. On Wednesday's, all tickets will still be $10.
- FIREWORKS: This season we’ve made a few changes to when we will have fireworks shows at MCU Park. First, we’ve changed the start time to all of our Friday games to 6:40 PM in hopes of ending games before the 10:00 PM curfew for Coney Island Fireworks. Over the last few years, we’ve had a number of instances where the post-game fireworks became in-game fireworks. We hope the extra 20 minutes will allow us some more wiggle room to ensure that fans will be able to keep their eyes on the sky during the fireworks show, without being bothered by that pesky baseball game being played. In addition, we will no longer have fireworks shows EVERY Saturday, but we will have post-game extravaganzas on Saturday, June 24th and Saturday, August 26th. Tuesday night fireworks shows will begin on Tuesday, July 18th and run every Tuesday for the remainder of the season. (Excluding the day game on July 25th)
- JERSDAY THURSDAY:A staple of the promotional schedule since 2010, this season will no longer feature a replica jersey giveaway each Thursday. We plan on having at least one jersey giveaway this season with a date and style to be announced in the coming months with the rest of our promotional schedule, including our standard giveaway nights for the first 2,000 fans in attendance.
- SUNDAY KIDS DAYS: New for the 2017 season, each Sunday will feature giveaways exclusively available to kids 16 and under. The first 1,500 kids through the gates will receive these unique giveaways. We’ll also have pre-game activities like selfies with players, autographs and a catch on the field. Post-game will still feature kids run the bases and each Sunday will have a kid-friendly theme.
- BYE, BYE BOX SEATS:This year, all seats in the main seating bowl will be considered Field Box seats. We will no longer offer “Box Seats” in sections 19-24.
- BASEB-ALL YOU CAN DRINK: For Saturday games this season, we will be offering special "Bottomless Beverage" seats in the Brooklyn Backyard. For $45 you will get 2:30 hours (starting when gates open) of access to an open bar (beer, wine, soda, water and mixed drinks) as well as a food voucher good for hot dog, sausage or hamburger and an additional voucher good for fries, pretzel, chips or peanuts. This option is only available to groups, and you must be 21 or older to receive your wristband.
Well, that’s about it for now. We’re hard at work putting together another top-notch promotional schedule filled with theme nights and giveaways that are sure to entertain. If you have any questions, or need additional information, please contact us at 718-37-BKLYN, e-mail info@BrooklynCyclones.com or reach out to us via Social Media.