06/17/2013 8:57 AM
Article By: BrooklynCyclones.com Reports
With the 2013 Brooklyn Cyclones Home Opener set for Tuesday, June 18th, here is everything you would need to know for your first trip to MCU Park:
• Want to Listen to the Game? - Whether you are at the ballpark or at home, David Greenwald will call every pitch of the 2013 season for the Brooklyn Cyclones. We can once again be heard on 90.3 FM WKRB, online at BrooklynCyclones.com or through your phone, wherever you go, through the TuneIn Radio App.
• Getting in the Game - Until construction is completed on the Parachute Jump, the back gate of MCU Park will remain closed. We expect that once crews complete the work of putting the lights on the landmark, we will once again be able to use our back gate as a means of entry.
• Driving to the Game - The standard parking rate for Cyclones games will remain $5 in the lot adjacent to the ballpark. This rate will be in effect starting two hours prior to first pitch. If you arrive before that time, you will be charged the standard beach parking rate.
• Red Carpet Welcome - Be sure to arrive early for Opening Day, as the 2013 Cyclones will greet fans on the stairs from 5:15 PM (when season ticket holder gates open) until 5:45 PM.
• Pitching In - Be sure to check out the brand-new “Mojo Pitching Cage,” located on the third base concourse at MCU Park. Test your accuracy and clock your speed with a chance to win the title of the “Fastest Arm in Brooklyn.”
• Wine and Dine - MCU Park will feature some new culinary delights this summer including Buffalo Tater Tots (located at the 3B Concession Stand), The King Dog – a bacon wrapped hot dog with caramelized onions, and the BC Beef Sandwich – a delicious roast beef sandwich served in it’s own juices. For those Cyclones fans who double as a Sommelier, we will also be serving wine by the glass from the Gallery Sports Bar located on the ground level of MCU Park.
• Jersey off the Back - The Cyclones will be wearing special jerseys tomorrow as we kick off our yearlong “Meaningful Monday” initiative. Each jersey will feature a different neighborhood that was impacted by Superstorm Sandy. These jerseys will be raffled off during the game and auctioned off throughout the season.
• comeBacK T-Shirts - If you haven’t purchased your “comeBacK” t-shirt yet we will have them for sale on the concourse while supplies last. Sizes Small – XL are $20 and XXL and XXXL are $23 with proceeds to benefit our Meaningful Monday Initiative.
If you haven’t purchased your tickets yet, don’t worry it’s not too late. Visit BrooklynCyclones.com, call 718-507-TIXX or visit the MCU Park box office to be part of the #ConeyComeback.