08/29/2019 7:04 PM
Article By: BrooklynCyclones.com Reports
ABERDEEN, MD (August 29, 2019) – Behind an eight-run first inning, the Aberdeen IronBirds handed the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season affiliate of the New York Mets, a lopsided 12-3 loss Thursday night at Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium.
For the full box score, click here.
For the full highlights, click here.
W: Hammer (1-2)
L: Jones (0-2)
• Aberdeen outfielder, and Delmarva rehabber, Jaylen Ferguson went 3-6 with a solo home run, a double, and a three-run triple that pushed Aberdeen’s 4-2 lead to 7-2 in the team's eight-run bottom of the first. He finished a single shy of the cycle.
• Clay Fisher finished 4-4 for the Birds, scoring one run and driving in a pair. His RBI single in the sixth extended the lead to 11-3.
• Brooklyn scored first, plating a run on Wilmer Reyes’ RBI single and a double steal that scored Jake Mangum to take a 2-0 advantage.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Wilmer Reyes: 1-3, 2 RBI, SB
• Yoel Romero: 1-3, 2B, 2 R, BB
• Jake Mangum: 0-3, SB, R
• Hunter Parsons: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
• Josh Hejka: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
NEWS & NOTES
• Brooklyn surrendered a season-high 17 hits to the IronBirds, tying the season series at five game apiece.
• Wilmer Reyes drove in two more runs Thursday. The Dominican infielder has tallied eight RBIs over his past eight games.
• Josh Hejka (Johns Hopkins) and Hunter Parsons (Maryland) both pitched in Maryland as professionals for the first time, two states with college connections to both.
Cyclones at Aberdeen – Friday, 7:05 p.m.
Leidos Field and Ripken Stadium – Aberdeen, MD
Probables: RHP Matt Cleveland (3-3, 3.57 ERA) vs. RHP Leonardo Rodriguez (2-2, 2.81 ERA).