Brooklyn, NY (August 17, 2015) -- Since their inception in 2001, the Brooklyn Cyclones have shattered attendance records, leading the New York-Penn League in attendance each and every year of their existence. This year, while the team celebrates their 15th season on Coney Island, the team will also welcome their 4,000,000th fan through the gates of MCU Park, reaching the milestone quicker than any short-season team in Minor League Baseball history.
Coming into Wednesday night's game against the Lowell Spinners, the Brooklyn Cyclones have drawn 3,997,566 fans through the gates of MCU Park since 2001. As the team closes in on this MAJOR milestone, if the Cyclones hit an out-of-the-stadium grand slam in the bottom of the fourth inning on Wednesday night, one lucky fan in attendance will win 4,000,000 pennies ($40,000).
The Cyclones will become the first New York-Penn League franchise to draw 4,000,000 fans and just the third short-season affiliate in the country to reach that mark. The Spoke Indians welcomed their 4,000,000th fan in their 28th season and the Eugene Emeralds accomplished the feat in their 39th year.
“The support that we have received from Cyclones fans over the years truly has been remarkable,” said Cyclones Vice President Steve Cohen. “While this milestone is a great accomplishment for our franchise, and something that we are extremely proud of, it speaks more to the passion and loyalty of our fan base than anything else.”
But the true celebration will take place when the 4,000,000th fan comes through the gates of MCU Park. The fan will have a chance to take the mound at MCU Park and be given seven chances to throw a baseball through a 12-inch hole. If the lucky fan is able to throw three “strikes” before he or she throws four “balls”, they will go home with 4,000,000 pennies. In addition, the fan will also receive:
- 4 -- Season Tickets for the 2016 Brooklyn Cyclones season.
- 4 – Black & Gold Club Tickets for the 2015 Brooklyn Bolts Season.
- 4 – Rides on the world-famous Coney Island Roller Coaster.
- 4 – Tickets to a 2015 regular season Mets game.
- 4 – Dinner for four at Applebee’s.
- 4 – Tickets to Ring of Honor at MCU Park on August 22nd .
- 4 – Tickets for Boxing at the Beach at MCU Park on August 25th .
- Join Stu Johnson, the Cyclones play-by-play announcer, to call the fourth inning of that night’s game on the radio.
- A Personalized Cyclones Jersey.
Tickets for all-games start at just $10 and are available now by calling 718-507-TIXX, logging on to BrooklynCyclones.com or in person at the MCU Park box office.