With temperatures rising and school winding down, that can only mean one thing…Cyclones baseball is back! Single Game Tickets for the Brooklyn Cyclones’ 2012 season will go on sale Sunday, May 6th at 10:00 AM. Fans can purchase their tickets online at the all-new BrooklynCyclones.com, by phone at 718-507-TIXX, or in person at the MCU Park box office.
The Cyclones’ 12th season will once again features 38 home games filled with wacky entertainment, unique giveaway items, spectacular fireworks shows, and special celebrity appearances.
Here are some of the highlights that fans can look forward to during the 2012 season:
- “A Night of Champions” – Head to MCU Park on Monday, June 25th when the Cyclones take on the Hudson Valley Renegades as the Cyclones celebrate the Super Bowl XLVI Champion New York Giants with a special appearance and autograph signing from Big Blue’s own Hakeem Nicks and David Diehl.
- Anti-Bullying Night – On Wednesday, June 27th, the Cyclones will host their first-ever Anti-Bullying Night at MCU Park. World Wrestling Entertainment superstars will be on hand for a special pre-game rally for their “be a STAR” campaign, which focuses on helping those that have experienced bullying while also working to end bullying in our community at-large.
- Gary Carter Foundation Fundraiser – In February, the Mets family lost a key member with the passing of Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter. On Friday, June 29th, the Cyclones will wear special orange and blue jerseys, with a commemorative Kid #8 patch, which will be auctioned off to benefit the Gary Carter Foundation.
- Jurassic (ball)Park – With the help of the all-new Field Station: Dinosaurs in Secaucus, NJ, MCU Park will go back in time and be transformed into Jurassic Ballpark with dinosaurs roaming the concourse on Saturday, July 7th.
The Cyclones will also have two unique collectible giveaways with “Firefighter Dillon Gee” bobblehead on July 20th and “DSNY Sandy” bobblehead on August 4th.
The always-popular weekly promotions will be back this season, with a few new twists:
- Bat Day Sunday Funday – The Cyclones have added on the value of Bat Day to the already jam packed Sunday Funday. For each of the five Sunday home games, the first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a full-sized wood bat featuring a Cyclones design. In addition, following every Sunday game our youngest fans will be invited onto the field to run the bases. But that’s not all. For three of the Sundays, fans will be invited onto the field pre-game and given the chance to have a catch on Brooklyn’s Field of Dreams. On the additional two Sundays, Cyclones players will take the field pre-game for a special autograph signing.
- Pay One Price Monday & Wednesday – Every Monday and Wednesday, the Cyclones will offer P.O.P. packages, which include four field box seats, four meal vouchers, four Carvel soft serve ice creams, four speed pitch vouchers, a $10 team store voucher, and free parking for just $77. That’s a savings that can’t be beat!
- Throwback T-Shirt Tuesday – Every Tuesday night game, the first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a replica t-shirt jersey featuring some of their favorite former Cyclones who have made the climb to the big leagues including Ike Davis and Bobby Parnell.
- Midweek Mayhem – Don’t let the kids have all the fun! After every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday home game, EVERYONE gets to run the bases!
- Jersday Thursday – Once again, we will be giving away high-quality replica and alternative-design jerseys to the first 3,000 fans at every Thursday home game. Jersdays were a home run last year, and this season’s designs are sure to be among the hottest items of the summer!
- Friday Night Feastival – New this year, the Cyclones will be offering all-you-can-eat seats for every Friday home game, as well as July 2nd and 4th. For just $18 you get a ticket in the TD Bank Wow Zone, as well as access to an all-you-can-eat BBQ buffet from the time gates open until the seventh inning.
- Post Game Fireworks – Once again, every Friday and Saturday night game will feature post-game fireworks shows. Plus don’t miss the additional fireworks extravaganza on Opening Day, June 18th as well as special holiday shows on July 2nd and July 4th.
“Cyclones baseball has always been something fun and affordable the entire family can enjoy and this summer is shaping up to be no different,” said Cyclones General Manager Steve Cohen. “This year we’ve found even more ways to give fans more bang for their buck, while adding even more fun and excitement!”
Single Game Tickets range from $9 - $17. Discounted tickets with even more exclusive giveaways, benefits, and extras are available through Season Tickets, V.I.P. Partial Season Plans and Group Ticket purchases. For a complete game schedule, promotional schedule, or more information on Ticket Plans, fans can go to brooklyncyclones.com or call 718-37-BKLYN.