09/01/2015 12:36 PM
Article By: BrooklynCyclones.com Reports
BELLIES & BASEBALL THIS LABOR DAY WEEKEND
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
For generations, it has been said that Brooklynites have been “born into baseball.” This summer, that term may be more literal than ever before. On Sunday, September 6th at 1pm, the Brooklyn Cyclones are hosting Bellies & Baseball: A Salute to Pregnancy, and inviting expectant parents to participate in a variety of themed activities throughout that afternoon’s game.
Here’s a look at what those who are expecting, should expect:
- Craving Station: A table on the Concourse level will offer pickles, ice cream, anchovy pizza, etc. for pregnant women who are craving a little more than the usual ball park hot dogs and chicken tenders.
- 7th Inning Stretch Marks: Pregnant women will be allowed onto the field in the 7th inning to sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame.
- Pregnancy Pitch: Any woman in her third trimester gets to throw out a ceremonial first pitch before the game.
- Trimester Tricycles: Bike race pitting expectant fathers against each other during this in between innings contest.
- Stroller Valet Parking: Drop your stroller off at the information table near section nine and one of our valets will be sure to keep an eye on it for you.
- Daddy Diapers: Dad’s will show that this whole parenting thing isn’t so tough as they compete to change diapers…blindfolded.
- Pre-Game Family Catch: Bring the whole family to the ballpark early because starting at noon fans will be invited onto the field to have a pre-game catch.
- Post-Game Kids Run the Bases: After the game, all children in attendance, even those still hanging out in mom’s belly, will be able to run the bases.
Tickets start at just $10 and are on sale now by calling 718-507-TIXX, logging on to BrooklynCyclones.com or in person at the MCU Park Box Office.