08/30/2019 7:58 PM
Article By: BrooklynCyclones.com Reports
ABERDEEN, MD (August 30, 2019) – Brett Baty drove in three runs, but the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, suffered a walk-off loss to the Aberdeen IronBirds 5-4 Friday night at Ripken Stadium in the series finale. With the defeat, the Cyclones are now in third place in the McNamara Division.
For the full box score, click here.
For the full highlights, click here.
W: Strowd (2-0)
L: Mullenbach (1-5)
• Down 4-3 in the bottom of the ninth, Jaylen Ferguson homered and Andrew Dashbach drove in the winning run with an RBI single against Brooklyn’s Matt Mullenbach to give Aberdeen a 5-4 victory.
• Jake Mangum’s RBI single in the top of the fifth gave Brooklyn a 4-3 advantage.
• Trailing 2-0, Brett Baty cruised a three-run double in the left-center field gap, plating a trio of runs to give the Cyclones a 3-2 lead.
• Brooklyn reliever Andrew Edwards struck out a career-high nine batters, tossing 3.1 scoreless inning to preserve a 4-3 lead.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Brett Baty: 1-2, 2B, 3 RBI, 2 BB
• Jake Mangum: 1-3, RBI, BB, R
• Jose Peroza: 2-4
• Andrew Edwards: 3.1 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
NEWS & NOTES
• Brett Baty, the first round pick of the New York Mets, made his Brooklyn debut.
• At 40-32, Brooklyn enters the final three games of the season behind Hudson Valley and Aberdeen for third place.
• Andrew Edwards struck out nine batters, a season-high for relievers.
Cyclones vs. Staten Island Yankees
MCU Park – Coney Island, NY
Probables: RHP Matthew Allan (first start) vs. LHP Alfredo Garcia (2-1, 2.25 ERA)