08/26/2019 7:53 PM
Article By: BrooklynCyclones.com Reports
CONEY ISLAND, NY (August 26, 2019) – Garrison Bryant fanned nine batters en route to a 2-0 victory for the Brooklyn Amazins, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, over the Vermont Lake Monsters Monday night at MCU Park to win the series. With the victory, the Cyclones are 39-29.
For the full box score, click here.
For the full highlights, click here.
W: Bryant (5-1)
L: Cushing (2-5)
SV: Hejka (1)
- Garrison Bryant struck out a career-high nine batters to continue his magical season, earning the victory. The all-star tossed 6 1/3 innings of scoreless baseball, scattering two hits.
- Antoine Duplantis’ RBI single and Wilmer Reyes’ sac fly in the bottom of the sixth broke the scoreless tie, giving the Amazins a 2-0 lead.
- Josh Hejka earned his first Brooklyn save, stranding the tying runs on base in the top of the ninth.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Garrison Bryant: W, 6.1 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Antoine Duplantis: 1-4, RBI
- Wilmer Reyes: 2-4, SF, RBI
NEWS & NOTES
- The Cyclones have won seven of their past nine games and 11 of 12 games at home in August.
- Garrison Bryant lowered his ERA to a league-leading 2.18. Bryant has fired nine consecutive outings allowing one or fewer earned runs.
- With the win, the Cyclones are 10 games over .500 for the first time since 2012, the last time Brooklyn earned a postseason appearance.
Cyclones vs. Vermont – Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn, NY
Probables: RHP Frank Valentino (1-4, 3.61) vs. RHP Richard Morban (2-1, 2.64)