CONEY ISLAND, NY (September 6, 2019) – Ranfy Adon clubbed a game-winning double to right field sending the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, to a 4-3 walk-off victory Friday night against the Hudson Valley Renegades to win the NYPL Semifinal series two games to one.
For the full box score, click here.
For the full highlights, click here.
W: Edwards (1-0)
L: Cabera (0-1)
Cyclones HR: Adon (1)
• Brooklyn outfielder Ranfy Adon doubled over Hill Alexander’s head in right field, driving home Yoel Romero from second base to clinch the victory and the series, 4-3. Adon smoked a solo home run earlier in the contest to cut the deficit to 3-2 in the third.
• Cyclones reliever Andrew Edwards, who earned the victory, tossed two scoreless innings of relief. The southpaw recorded five of six outs via strikeout.
• Hudson Valley jumped in front 3-1 after two-and-a-half innings, igniting the lead on Hill Alexander’s solo home run in the fourth.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Ranfy Adon: 2-4, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, R
• Wilmer Reyes: 4-4
• Yoel Romero: 1-2, R, 2 BB
• Nick MacDonald: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
• Andrew Edwards: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
NEWS & NOTES
• The Cyclones head to the New York Penn League Championship Series for the first time since 2010. Brooklyn has never been an outright champion in the league.
• Of Andrew Edwards’ past 14 outs, 13 have come via the strikeout.
• Wilmer Reyes recorded his first four-hit game of the season.