CONEY ISLAND, NY (September 5, 2019) – Mets rehabber Jed Lowrie homered and Brooklyn pitching tossed a one-hit shutout as the Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, beat the Hudson Valley Renegades 1-0 to even the NYPL Semifinals series at 1-1, setting up a deciding Game Three Friday.
For the full box score, click here.
For the full highlights, click here.
W: Allan (1-0)
L: McKendry (0-1)
SV: Leon (1)
Cyclones HR: Lowrie (1)
• Jed Lowrie led off the bottom of the fourth inning, blasting a solo home run against Hudson Valley starter Evan McKendry. Lowrie played all nine innings on defense at second base.
• Nathan Jones struck out three over three hitless innings to start for the Cyclones, while Matthew Allan and Corey Gaconi ate up innings four-eight.
• With a runner at first base in the ninth, closer Nelson Leon induced a game-ending double play to secure the victory for Brooklyn.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Jed Lowrie: 1-3, HR, RBI, R
• Luke Ritter: 1-2, HBP
• Corey Gaconi: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
• Matthew Allan: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
• Nathan Jones: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
NEWS & NOTES
• The Cyclones and Renegades play a deciding Game Three Friday night at MCU Park. The victor will play either Lowell or Batavia in the championship round.
• Matthew Allan secured his first Brooklyn Cyclones victory, tossing a scoreless fourth and fifth inning.
• Thursday's shutout marked Brooklyn's seventh of the season.
Cyclones vs. Hudson Valley Renegades – 6:30 p.m.
MCU Park – Coney Island, NY
Probables: RHP Matt Cleveland (3-3, 3.78 ERA) vs. LHP John Doxakis (0-0, 1.93 ERA)