STATEN ISLAND, NY (August 13, 2019) – Jake Sanford’s two-run home run delivered a walk-off win for the Staten Island Yankees who took down the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, 7-5 in 11 innings at Richmond County Bank Ballpark at St. George in the series finale.
For the full box score, click here.
For the full highlights, click here.
W: Wilson (1-3)
L: Mullenbach (1-2)
Cyclones HR: Ritter (4)
• In in the 11th inning, Jake Sanford slammed a two-run bomb over the trees in right field to bring the Yankees a 7-5 win.
• Ezequiel Duran’s solo home run for Staten Island tied the game 5-5 in the seventh against Brian Metoyer.
• Antoine Duplantis singled in Ranfy Adon in the top of the seventh, breaking a 4-4 tie to give Brooklyn a one-run advantage.
• Down 2-0 in the top of the second, Luke Ritter destroyed a three-run home run down the left field line with an estimated distance of 459 feet, giving Brooklyn a 3-2 edge.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Luke Ritter: 1-3, HR, 3 RBI, R, 2 BB
• Yoel Romero: 2-5, 3B, R
• Antoine Duplantis: 1-5, RBI
• Mitch Ragan: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
NEWS & NOTES
• Brian Metoyer struck out a career-high eight batters in three innings of relief.
• Luke Ritter’s 459-foot blast in the second inning registered as Brooklyn’s longest home run of the season, surpassing Joe Genord’s 412-foot Opening Day blast.
• Cyclones arms tossed four wild pitches, bringing the season total to 61. Last year’s team threw 50 wild pitches for the entire season.
Cyclones at Vermont Lake Monsters – Wednesday, 7 p.m.
Centennial Field – Burlington, VT
Probables: RHP Nathan Jones (0-0, 0.00) vs. RHP Michael Murray (2-0, 2.86)