CONEY ISLAND, NY (August 12, 2019) – Behind terrific pitching from Garrison Bryant and Jose Peroza’s late two-run home run for insurance, the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, secured a 4-1 victory against the Staten Island Yankees Monday night in the middle game of a three-game set at MCU Park.
For the full box score, click here.
For the full highlights, click here.
W: Bryant (4-1)
L: Garcia (0-1)
SV: Leon (2)
Cyclones HR: Peroza (2)
• Garrison Bryant earned his fourth Brooklyn victory, allowing one run on three hits over five innings of relief. Michael Gibbons, the Double-A rehabber, threw three no-hit innings to start, striking out two and walking two.
• Brooklyn added insurance in the bottom of the eighth when Jose Peroza slammed a two-run home run off the videoboard in left field to extend a 2-1 lead to 4-1.
• Jake Mangum tripled and scored on Antoine Duplantis’ RBI single in the fifth, pushing the Brooklyn lead to 2-0. Duplantis scored in the first inning on Wilmer Reyes’ base hit.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Garrison Bryant: W, 5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
• Wilmer Reyes: 3-4, SB
• Jose Peroza: 1-4, HR, 2 RBI, R
• Jake Mangum: 2-4, 3B, R
• Antoine Duplantis: 2-4, 3B, RBI, R, SB
NEWS & NOTES
• The Cyclones collected two triples in a game for the first time this season, tallying three-baggers from Jake Mangum and Antoine Duplantis.
• Jose Peroza has driven in six runs over the first two games of the series, recording a single, two doubles, and a home run.
• With Monday’s win, Brooklyn has tied a high-watermark of nine games better than .500 at 32-23.
Cyclones at Staten Island Yankees – Tuesday, 7 p.m.
Richmond County Bank Ballpark – Staten Island, NY
Probables: RHP Michel Otanez (1-1, 1.80) vs. RHP Nelvin Correa (1-0, 0.75)