CONEY ISLAND, NY (August 9, 2019) – Kennie Taylor led the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, to a season-best 12-1 shellacking against the Connecticut Tigers Friday night at MCU Park to win the series.
For the full box score, click here.
For the full highlights, click here.
W: Gaconi (3-1)
L: O’Loughlin (2-3)
- Kennie Taylor went 3-5 with three RBIs, including an RBI triple in Brooklyn’s seven-run eighth inning. His two-run double in the fourth pushed the Cyclones lead to 5-0. He finished a home run shy of the cycle.
- Jake Mangum collected a pair of hits, doubling in a run in the fourth and scoring one more Brooklyn run in the eighth.
- Nathan Jones, Corey Gaconi, and Hunter Parsons combined to shut out the Tigers over the first eight innings, allowing three hits.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Kennie Taylor: 3-5, 2B, 3B, 3 RBI, SB
- Jose Mena: 3-4, 2B, 3 R
- Jake Mangum: 2-4, 3 RBI, 2 R
- Corey Gaconi: W, 4 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Nathan Jones: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
NEWS & NOTES
- Brooklyn collected a season-high 12 runs on a season-high-tying 15 hits. The Cyclones’ seven-run eighth inning accounted for the largest frame of the season.
- Angel Manzanarez returned to gameplay for the first time since July 12 when he 97 mph off of the face against the Mahoning Valley Scrappers, tallying two hits.
- With Friday’s win, the Cyclones secured their 30th victory and remain one game back of first place Hudson Valley.
Cyclones vs. Connecticut – Saturday, 6 p.m.
MCU Park – Coney Island, NY
Probables: RHP Frank Valentino (1-2, 3.55) vs. RHP Carson Lance (2-3, 3.27)