BURLINGTON, VT (July 26, 2019) – Garrison Bryant sparkled and Jake Mangum’s drove in the winning run in the top of the 10th to send the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, to a 2-1 victory over the Vermont Lake Monsters Friday night in the series opener at Centennial Field.
For the full box score, click here.
For the highlights, click here.
W: Parsons (1-1)
L: Briggs (1-1)
SV: Leon (1)
• Jake Mangum’s run-scoring fielder’s choice broke the 1-1 tie in the 10th inning, giving the Cyclones a 2-1 lead. Nelson Leon earned the save with a perfect 10th.
• Garrison Bryant allowed one run on one hit over career-high-tying seven innings in a no-decision. The 20-year-old righty struck out three and walked on, tossing 80 pitches.
• Jordan Diaz’s RBI single in the fourth put Vermont ahead 1-0 before Raul Beracierta’s bloop run-scoring single tied the game in the next half inning.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Garrison Bryant: 7 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
• Ariel Yera: 2-4
• Jose Peroza: 1-4, R
• Raul Beracierta: 1-4, RBI
NEWS & NOTES
• Garrison Bryant has tossed a career-high seven innings in consecutive starts for the first time in his career.
• Brooklyn improves to 4-2 in extra-innings this season.
• Hunter Parsons, the Mets’ 19th round pick out of Maryland, earned his first professional victory Friday.
Cyclones at Vermont – Saturday, 6:05 p.m.
Centennial Field – Burlington, VT Probables:
RHP Michel Otanez (first start) vs. RHP Tyler Baum (0-3, 4.13 ERA)