CONEY ISLAND, NY (July 25, 2019) – Antoine Duplantis drove in three and the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, defeated the Tri-City ValleyCats 9-4 Thursday night to win the three game series at MCU Park.
For the full box score, click here.
For the highlights, click here.
W: Cleveland (3-2)
L: Sandoval (0-2)
• Brooklyn scored four runs in the first and five runs in the second inning to take a 9-0 lead. Antoine Duplantis drove in three runs over the rally, including a two-run single in the second inning.
• Matt Cleveland earned the victory, tossing 5 1/3 innings of three-hit ball. The righty allowed three runs, two earned with four strikeouts and no walks.
• Andrew Edwards, Luis Silva, and Matt Mullenbach did not allow an earned run over 3 2/3 innings of relief.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Matt Cleveland: W, 5.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R (2 ER), 0 BB, 4 K
• Antointe Duplantis: 1-4, 3 RBI, R
• Joe Genord: 1-3, 2B, RBI, 2 R
• Yoel Romero: 1-2, BB, 2 R
NEWS & NOTES
• Matt Cleveland has won three consecutive starts for Brooklyn, allowing just two earned runs over his past 16.2 innings.
• Yoel Romero returned from injury and extended his hitting streak to 13 games with a single in the second frame. Romero’s hitting streak is the longest in the league this season.
• The Cyclones have not lost a series since falling in two of three to Tri-City July 7-9 in Troy. Brooklyn is 4-0-1 since that three-game set.
Cyclones at Vermont – Friday, 7:05 p.m.
Centennial Field – Burlington, VT
Probables: RHP Garrison Bryant (2-1, 3.60 ERA) vs. LHP Yorlenis Noa (0-3, 4.13 ERA)