BROOKLYN, NY (June 16, 2019) – Despite a late-inning rally, the Brookyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, fell 4-3 to the Aberdeen Ironbirds Sunday in the opener of a two-game series at MCU Park. Brooklyn suffered its first loss of the season.
For the full box score, click here.
For radio highlights, click here.
W: Litscher (1-0)
L: Cleveland (0-1)
SV: Constante (2)
- Aberdeen's Dallas Litscher struck out seven Cyclones over 5 2/3 scoreless innings of two-hit, two-walk baseball en route to the victory.
- Brooklyn rallied for three late runs, scoring a pair in the eighth when Jose Medina drilled an RBI single and Gavin Garay walked with the bases loaded. The Cyclones added another in the ninth on a passed ball, but stranded the tying run at second base to end the contest.
- Aberdeen sprinkled runs in the first, third, and fourth innings against Brooklyn starter Matt Cleveland, taking a 3-0 lead.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Wilmer Reyes: 2-3, 2B, BB
- Angel Manzanarez: 2-4, 2B, R
- Yeudy Colon: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Mitch Ragan: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER
NEWS & NOTES
- The game included a 47-minute rain delay.
- Mitch Ragan, the Mets’ 15th-round selection from Creighton, became the third Cyclones pitcher to make his professional debut.
- Mets 5th-round selection, Nathan Jones, will make his professional debut on the mound Monday. Jones is the highest draft selection by the Mets on the Brooklyn roster.
Cyclones vs. Aberdeen Ironbirds, Monday 7 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn NY
Probables: RHP Nathan Jones (first start) v. RHP Adam Stauffer (first start)