STATEN ISLAND, NY (June 15, 2019) – Behind Jaison Vilera’s 6 2/3 terrific innings, the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, stumped the Staten Island Yankees 2-1 at Richmond County Bank Ballpark at St. George, sweeping a two-game set.
For the full box score, click here.
For radio highlights, click here.
W: Vilera (1-0)
L: Green (0-1)
SV: Edwards (1)
• Jaison Vilera dominated Staten Island over 6 2/3 innings of one-run ball, striking out five. He walked one, allowing one hit in the victory.
• Mets left hander Justin Wilson turned in a scoreless eighth inning, striking out two. He allowed an infield hit and threw 12 of 15 pitches for strikes.
• Jose Mena slammed a run-scoring single down the third base line in the fourth against Staten Island’s Anderson Munoz, giving Brooklyn a 1-0 lead. Joe Genord’s sac fly in the seventh pushed the lead to 2-0.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Jaison Vilera: W, 6 2/3 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
• Justin Wilson: H, 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 K
• Joe Genord: 1-3, 2B, SAC, RBI
NEWS & NOTES
• Jaison Vilera has allowed three or fewer runs in 13 of his 14 Brooklyn outings.
• Justin Wilson is the first Mets player to rehab with the Brooklyn Cyclones in 2019.
• Both Andrew Edwards and Justin Lasko made their professional debuts after being drafted by the Mets earlier this month.
Cyclones vs. Ironbirds, Sunday 4 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn NY
Probables: RHP Matt Cleveland (first start) v. RHP Dallas Litscher (first start)