BURLINGTON, VT (August 28, 2018) – Tylor Megill, Walter Rasquin, and Nick Meyer chipped in colossal efforts an 8-6 victory for the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, against Vermont in the finale of a three-game series at Centennial Field. With the win, the Cyclones remain atop the wild card standings.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Megill (1-2)
L: Morban (0-1)
S: Gilliam (5)
Cyclones HR: Sharp (5), Rasquin (1)
- Ahead 8-6 in the bottom of the ninth with runners on the corners, Nick Meyer threw out Noah Vaughan attempting to steal second base to end the ballgame.
- Tylor Megill earned his first professional victory, tossing five innings of three-hit ball, yielding three unearned runs and one walk with six strikeouts.
- Walter Rasquin’s sacrifice fly in the first inning gave Brooklyn a 1-0 lead, and his homer in the fourth pushed the lead to 7-3. Rasquin scored three of the Cyclones’ eight runs.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Tylor Megill: W, 5 IP, 3 H, 3 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 6 K
- Walter Rasquin: 1-2, HR, SAC, 2 RBI, 3 R, 2 BB
- Brian Sharp: 1-4, HR, RBI, BB, R
- Hayden Senger: 2-3, BB, HBP, 2 RBI
NEWS & NOTES
- Brian Sharp extended his on-base streak to 29 games with his second-inning home run that traveled 409 feet.
- Ryley Gilliam secured his fifth save of the season, securing the final two outs of the ninth.
- With four more errors Tuesday, Brooklyn committed 11 for the three-game series. Their four errors tied a season high.
Brooklyn vs. Hudson Valley – Wednesday, 7 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn, NY
Probables: RHP Briam Campusano (3-6, 5.29) vs. RHP Miller Hogan (2-3, 4.66)