BROOKLYN, NY (August 24, 2018) – Behind monster efforts from Ross Adolph and Christian James, the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, crushed Connecticut 12-1 Friday night in the middle game of a three-game set at MCU Park.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: James (4-1)
L: Ledesma (0-2)
Cyclones HR: Medina (5)
- Christian James scattered two hits over a career-high eight innings of shutout ball, striking out four en route to his third victory against Connecticut this season. James picked up 16 of 24 outs on the ground.
- Ross Adolph went 3-3 with a walk and a hit batsman, collecting a two-run triple in the third inning. He added an RBI triple in the sixth, extending the lead to 6-0.
- Jose Medina homered for the fifth time, opening the scoring for Brooklyn in a three-run second inning. He put the bow on the offensive night, singling in a run in the seventh to make it 12-0.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Christian James: W, 8 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Ross Adolph: 3-4, 2B, 2 3B, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 3 R
- Chase Chambers: 2-5, 3B, 2 RBI, R
- Jose Medina: 2-4, HR, 2 RBI, BB, R
NEWS & NOTES
- Against Connecticut this season, Christian James is 3-0, posting 20 2/3 scoreless innings. He has allowed eight hits and three walks, totaling 14 strikeouts.
- Ross Adolph collected his 10 and 11th triples, taking the league lead. The mark sits one shy from tying Brooklyn’s single-season record (Darrell Ceciliani, 2010).
- Brian Sharp extended his on-base streak to 25 games, collecting a base hit in the fourth inning.
Brooklyn vs. Connecticut – Saturday, 6 p.m.
MCU Park – RHP Kyle Wilson (3-3, 3.20) vs. RHP Jose Vasquez (5-2, 1.81)