BROOKLYN, NY (August 23, 2018) – With no answer for Juan Aguilera’s four shutout innings of relief, the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, fell 7-2 to the Connecticut Tigers Thursday night in the series opener at MCU Park.
For the full box score, click here.
W: Aguilera (1-1)
L: Campusano (3-6)
S: Perez (1)
- Juan Aguilera twirled four one-hit, scoreless innings with four strikeouts en route to the victory. In a relief appearance, the righty retired 11 in a row to end his outing.
- Connecticut’s Jose King went 3-4 with two doubles and three RBIs, including a two-run double in the fourth to push the Tigers’ lead to 5-2.
- Jose Medina’s RBI double in the second tied the game 1-1, while Wagner Lagrange cut the deficit to 3-2 with a run-scoring single in the third for Brooklyn.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Jose Medina: 1-4, 2B, RBI
- Wagner Lagrange: 1-4, RBI
- Angel Manzanarez: 1-3, R
- Kevin Smith: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
NEWS & NOTES
- Brian Sharp extended his on-base streak to 25 games, collecting a base hit in the fourth inning.
- The bottom of Connecuticut’s order, seven through nine, went 6-10 with six runs scored.
- Ryan McAuliffe made his first appearance for Brooklyn since June 19, working a scoreless seventh inning with one strikeout.
Brooklyn vs. Connecticut – Friday, 6:40 p.m.
MCU Park – Christian James (3-1, 1.99) vs. RHP Stevie Ledesma (0-1, 11.81)