TROY, NY (August 21, 2018) – Despite a late-inning rally, the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, dropped a 5-2 decision in the middle game of a three-game set to the Tri-City ValleyCats Tuesday night at Bruno Stadium.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Dubin (2-1)
L: Butto (1-1)
S: De Paula (3)
- Trailing by three in the ninth, the Cyclones put the tying run at the plate with runners at first and third, but Dylan Tice flew out to end the threat and the game against Tri-City closer Luis De Paula.
- Manny Rodriguez’s RBI single in the seventh inning cut the deficit to 5-1. In the eighth, Tice scored on a throwing error to make it 5-2.
- Tri-City jumped on Brooklyn starter Jose Butto for five runs over four innings, including home runs from Drew Ferguson and Michael Wielansky to take a 5-0 lead.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Dylan Tice: 1-3, 2 BB, R
- Manny Rodriguez: 1-4, RBI
- Chase Chambers: 1-4, R
NEWS & NOTES
- The Cyclones were being no-hit by Tri-City pitching for 5 2/3 innings before Dylan Tice single in the sixth.
- Brooklyn has dropped two games in a row, and trails Hudson Valley by two games in the McNamara Division with 13 games to play.
- Brian Sharp extended his on-base streak to 24 games with a walk in the seventh inning.
Brooklyn at Tri-City – Wednesday, 7 p.m.
Bruno Stadium – Troy, NY
Probables: LHP Josh Walker (0-1, 3.04) vs. RHP Matt Ruppenthal (MiLB rehab)