WAPPINGERS FALLS, NY (August 18, 2018) – Ross Adolph homered twice, but the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, were walked off by the Hudson Valley Renegades 4-3 in eight innings Saturday night in the middle game of a three-game set at Dutchess Stadium.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Cumbie (3-1)
L: Colon (3-3)
Cyclones HR: Adolph 2 (5)
- Ross Adolph blasted two solo homers, both against Easton McGee, giving Brooklyn a 1-0 lead and later a 3-0 lead.
- The Renegades rallied to win the game, scoring two runs in the bottom of the seventh to tie, and one in the eighth on Bryce Brown’s bases-loaded walk, to win 4-3. In the rally, Hudson Valley did not record a hit in either the seventh or eighth innings, but walked six times.
- Christian James spun six terrific innings, allowing one run on two hits and three walks, striking out three in the no-decision. James lowered his ERA to 1.99 with the effort.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Ross Adolph: 2-4, 2 HR, 2 RBI, 2 R
- Christian James: 6 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Carlos Cortes: 3-4, 2B
NEWS & NOTES
- With the loss, Brooklyn falls one game out of first place with Sunday’s series finale. The Cyclones will face the first-place Renegades in a series at MCU Park August 29-31.
- Brooklyn has been walked off in four of its five games at Dutchess Stadium this season.
- Ross Adolph has hit three home runs in the series, going 4-10 with four RBIs.
Brooklyn at Hudson Valley – Sunday, 5:05 p.m.
Dutchess Stadium – Wappingers Falls, NY
Probables: RHP Kyle Wilson (2-3, 3.38) vs. RHP Zack Trageton (0-0, 0.00)