BROOKLYN, NY (August 15, 2018) – Jose Butto allowed one unearned run over six terrific frames, sending the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, to a 3-1 victory over the Vermont Lake Monsters Wednesday night at MCU Park in the first of a two-game set.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Butto (1-0)
L: Mora (1-4)
S: Zabaleta (1)
- Jose Butto spun six scoreless innings, holding the Lake Monsters to one run on three hits and a walk. Butto retired the first nine batters he faced, striking out five in the victory.
- Brooklyn took a 3-0 lead over the first two frames, scoring a pair in the second on Hayden Senger’s RBI double and Ross Adolph’s run-scoring single.
- Ezequiel Zabaleta tossed one scoreless inning to earn the save after Tommy Wilson shut out Vermont over the seventh and eighth innings.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Jose Butto: 6 IP, 3 H 1 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 5 K
- Ross Adolph: 1-3, RBI, BB, R, 2 SB
- Hayden Senger: 1-4, 2B, RBI, R
- Brian Sharp: 0-0, 4 BB, 2 R, 2 SB
NEWS & NOTES
- Brooklyn has won a season-high five consecutive contests, after winning four games in a row four separate times this season.
- The Cyclones stole a season-high seven bases, picking up two each from Ross Adolph, Brian Sharp, and Jose Medina.
- The Cyclones walked a season-high nine times, including four from Brian Sharp, who becomes the fourth player in Cyclones franchise history with four free passes.
Brooklyn vs. Vermont – Thursday, 7 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn, NY
Probables: LHP Josh Walker (0-1, 3.86) vs. RHP Abdiel Mendoza (2-3, 3.64)