LOWELL, MA (August 12, 2018) – The Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, scored two runs in extra innings en route to a 3-1 win in eight innings against the Lowell Spinners Sunday afternoon at LeLacheur Park.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Oxford (6-1)
L: Jackson (0-1)
- Jose Medina went 3-4 with two RBIs, including an insurance run-scoring single in Brooklyn’s two-run eighth inning to push a one-run lead to 3-1.
- Lowell’s Tyler Esplin tied the game at 1-1 in the bottom of the sixth with a two-out RBI single to left field against Adam Hill.
- Ryley Gilliam, pitching on one day’s rest, earned his fourth save with a scoreless bottom of the eighth inning. Gilliam struck out Trey Ganns with runners on the corners.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Jose Medina: 3-4, 2 RBI
- Manny Rodriguez: 1-3, 2B, R
- Jaison Vilera: 5 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
NEWS & NOTES
- Brooklyn heads into the All-Star Break with 30 wins, only a half-game out of the wild card spot.
- The Cyclones were 0-2 in extra-innings contests before Sunday’s win.
- Jaison Vilera did not strike out a batter Sunday for the first time in his three-year professional career.
Brooklyn vs. Vermont – Wednesday, 7 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn, NY
Probables: RHP Jose Butto (0-0, 6.10) vs. TBA