WAPPINGERS FALLS, NY (August 5, 2018) – Down in the bottom of the ninth, Hudson Valley’s Ford Proctor blasted a two-run walk-off homer to beat the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, 6-5 Monday night in the middle game of a three-game set at Dutchess Stadium.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlight, click here.
W: Sprengel (2-0)
L: Gilliam (0-1)
- Ford Proctor belted a two-run walk-off home run against Ryley Gilliam in the bottom of the ninth to give the Renegades a 6-5 victory. Proctor finished 3-4 with two triples and a homer Monday.
- Jose Medina’s RBI double in the eighth provided the go-ahead run in a tie game, giving Brooklyn a 5-4 lead.
- The Cyclones struck for three runs on five hits in the first inning against Hudson Valley’s Michael Mercado, scooping up a two-run double from Anthony Dirocie to highlight the frame.
- Las Vegas rehabber Eric Hanhold tossed two scoreless innings to start the game, striking out one and allowing one hit.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Anthony Dirocie: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI, R
- Carlos Cortes: 1-4, RBI
- Ross Adolph: 1-5, 3B, RBI
NEWS & NOTES
- The Cyclones have been walked off on consecutive nights for the first time this season.
- Ryley Gilliam allowed his first two runs of his career, allowing Ford Proctor to hit his ninth inning home run which was the first of his career.
- For the second consecutive night, Brooklyn took a first-inning lead when the Cyclones scored three.
Brooklyn at Hudson Valley – Tuesday, 7:05 p.m.
Dutchess Stadium – Wappingers Falls, NY
Probables: LHP Josh Walker (0-1, 2.35) vs. RHP Nick Padilla (2-4, 3.55)