BROOKLYN, NY (August 4, 2018) – Ross Adolph’s sacrifice fly in the seventh gave the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, a 4-3 win over the Aberdeen Ironbirds in the rubber game Saturday night in front of 7,758 at MCU Park.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlight, click here.
W: Wilson (1-0)
L: Magee (1-1)
S: Gilliam (3)
- Ross Adolph broke a 3-3 tie with a sac fly in the bottom of the seventh inning, giving the Seinclones a 4-3 lead.
- Trailing 2-1, the Cyclones took a one-run lead in the sixth on Carlos Cortes’ RBI double into the right field corner.
- J.C. Escarra’s two-run blast into the bleachers in right field gave the Ironbirds a 2-1 lead in the sixth, while Robbie Thorburn’s run-scoring single tied the game 3-3 in the seventh.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Ross Adolph: 1-3, 2B, RBI, SAC, R
- Carlos Cortes: 1-4, 2B, RBI
- Ryley Gilliam: SV, 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 K
- Yeizo Campos: 6 2/3 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
NEWS & NOTES
- Saturday’s sellout crowd of 7,758 marks the highest home attendance for the Brooklyn Cyclones this season.
- Brooklyn enters Sunday’s series at Hudson Valley 2.5 games behind the Renegades for first place in the McNamara Division.
- Ryley Gilliam has not allowed a run over his first eight professional outings, collecting three saves.
- Brooklyn at Hudson Valley – Sunday, 5:05 p.m.
- Dutchess Stadium – Wappingers Falls, NY
- Probables: RHP Jaison Vilera (5-1, 0.78) vs. RHP Easton McGee (4-3, 6.63)
- Audio: brooklyncyclones.com/listen