BROOKLYN, NY (August 3, 2018) – Despite rallying to tie the game late, the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, dropped a 5-4 decision in 10 innings to the Aberdeen Ironbirds Friday night at MCU Park.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlight, click here.
W: Matson (1-1)
L: Colon (3-1)
S: Conroy (4)
- In extra-innings, Aberdeen scored the go-ahead run when J.C. Escarra scored from third base on a wild pitch by Yeudy Colon.
- Down 4-2, Brooklyn tied the game with a pair of runs in the eighth, scoring on RBI singles from Brian Sharp and Walter Rasquin.
- Brooklyn jumped out to a 2-0 first-inning lead against Ironbirds starter Jimmy Murphy. Ross Adolph scored on a groundout and Carlos Cortes scored on Murphy’s balk.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Wagner Lagrange: 2-3, 2 BB, R
- Walter Rasquin: 2-3, RBI, HBP
- Brian Sharp: 1-5, RBI
- Billy Oxford: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, K
NEWS & NOTES
- Brooklyn’s Christian James allowed two earned runs Friday. The righthander has surrendered two earned runs or fewer in eight of nine starts this season.
- Wagner Lagrange has reached base safely in seven of 10 plate appearances this series.
- The Cyclones played their second extra-innings game of the season, and are 0-2 in those contests (both at MCU Park).
Brooklyn vs. Aberdeen – Saturday, 6 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn, NY
Probables: RHP Yeizo Campus (’18 NYPL debut) vs. LHP Matt Hammonds (2-2, 2.15)