NILES, OHIO (July 26, 2018) – Ross Adolph and Chase Chambers each had monster offensive nights, leading the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets to a demonstrative 12-4 win over the Mahoning Valley Scrappers that was complete early due to rain in the series finale Thursday night at Eastwood Field.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Oxford (5-1)
L: Oviedo (3-2)
Cyclones HR: Adolph (2), Chambers (2)
- Findlay, Ohio’s own Ross Adolph went 4-5 with a triple and three RBIs, including a solo blast in the top of the first inning against Mahoning Valley starter Luis Oviedo.
- Chase Chambers collected two hits in five trips, capping his four-RBI night with a 415-foot mammoth two-run homer over the bullpen in right field in the eighth, pushing the lead to 12-4.
- The Cyclones scored four runs in the top of the fourth to take a 7-0 lead. Wagner Lagrange and Carlos Cortes chipped in run-scoring singles in the melee.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Ross Adolph: 4-5, 3B, HR, 3 RBI, 3 R
- Chase Chambers: 2-5, HR, 4 RBI, 2 R
- Brian Sharp: 2-5, 3B, 2 RBI, SB
- Walter Rasquin: 2-4, 2B, BB, R
NEWS & NOTES
- Chase Chambers’ eighth-inning home run traveled 415 feet and left the bat at 105 mph exit velocity, making it the longest home run and hardest hit ball by a Cyclones player this season.
- Ross Adolph and Brian Sharp each tripled in the game, the third time this season that two triples have come in the same game.
- Josh Walker made his first professional start Thursday, but did not get a decision for the Cyclones.
Brooklyn at West Virginia -- Friday, 7:05 p.m.
Mongolia County Ballpark – Morgantown, WV
Probables: RHP Kyle Wilson (0-3, 4.82 ERA) v RHP Osvaldo Bido (2-3, 4.95 ERA)