ABERDEEN, MD (July 13, 2018) – The Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, rallied in the top of the ninth to earn a 3-2 come-from-behind victory over the Aberdeen Ironbirds Friday night at Ripken Stadium in the rubber game of a three-game series.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Hill (1-0)
L: Almengo (0-1)
S: Gilliam (1)
- Trailing 2-1 into the ninth inning, the Cyclones tied the game on Wagner Lagrange’s RBI single and took the lead on an Aberdeen throwing error. Chandler Avant scored from third base on a would-be double-play ball that should have ended the inning.
- Ryley Gilliam earned his first professional save, striking out three batters in the ninth inning and stranding the tying runner at second.
- Chase Chambers doubled and scored in the second inning, giving Brooklyn a 1-0 lead.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Wagner Lagrange: 1-3, RBI, BB
- Chase Chambers: 2-4, R
- Christian James: 6 IP, 3 H, 2 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 2 K
- Ryley Gilliam: 1 IP, 2 H, 2 K
NEWS & NOTES
- Adam Hill tossed a scoreless eighth inning, earning the victory in his first professional game since being selected in the fourth round by the Mets in this year’s draft.
- The Cyclones earned their first series win since June 24-26 against Lowell.
- Brooklyn secured its fifth come-from-behind victory of the season, accounting for five of its 14 triumphs.
Brooklyn vs. Williamsport, Saturday 6 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn, NY
Probables: LHP Jason Vargas (ML rehab) vs. LHP Manuel Silva (0-1, 2.25 ERA)