BROOKLYN, NY (June 26, 2018) – Kendall Coleman delivered a two-out, run-scoring single in the ninth, giving the Brooklyn Cyclones a 4-3 walk-off win over the Lowell Spinners in the finale of a three-game set Tuesday night at MCU Park.
For the full box score, click here. For the audio highlights, click here.
W: Colon (3-0)
L: Garcia (1-1)
• With the bases loaded and two outs, Kendall Coleman’s RBI single to centerfield plated Dionis Paulino from third base for the dramatic win. Jose Medina’s RBI double to left-center field tied the game 3-3 earlier in the frame.
• Lowell broke a 2-2 tie in the top of the sixth inning when Jonathan Ortega walked with the bases loaded.
• Trailing 2-0, the Cyclones rallied to tie the game in the second, highlighted by Kendall Coleman’s run-scoring single.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Kendall Coleman: 2-4, 2 RBI
• Jose Medina: 1-4, 2B, RBI
• Jose Brizuela: 1-2, R, 2 BB
NEWS & NOTES
• With Tuesday’s win, the Cyclones have won four consecutive series to begin the season. Brooklyn has not lost back-to-back games in 2018.
• Jose Medina extended his hitting streak to 10 games with an RBI double in the ninth.
• Tuesday’s win is Brooklyn’s third come-from-behind victory of the season and the first walk-off of the year.
Brooklyn at Vermont, Thursday 7:05 p.m.
Centennial Field – Burlington, VT
Probables: RHP Briam Campusano (2-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. RHP Abdiel Mendoza (0-1, 7.84 ERA)