BROOKLYN, NY (June 24, 2018) – Behind six strong innings from Jaison Vilera and Wagner Lagrange’s bat, the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, snuck past the Lowell Spinners 1-0 Sunday in the opener of a three-game series at MCU Park.
For the full box score -- click here
For the radio highlights -- click here.
W: Vilera (1-0)
L: Montero (0-1)
S: Selmer (1)
• Jaison Vilera struck out seven batters over six innings of scoreless baseball, yielding two hits. Vilera escaped troubled in the sixth, stranding the tying runner at third base to hold Brooklyn’s 1-0 lead.
• Wagner Lagrange banged an RBI double into the left field corner in the third inning, scoring Angel Manzanarez from third base to give the Cyclones a 1-0 lead.
• Yeudy Colon stranded runners at first and third in the seventh inning, holding the lead for Brooklyn.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Jaison Vilera: W, 6 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 8 K
• Wagner Langrange: 1-3, 2B, RBI, BB
• Angel Manzanarez: 0-2, BB, R
NEWS & NOTES
• Jose Medina and Wagner Lagrange both extended their hitting streaks to nine games to begin the season.
• Brooklyn extended its winning streak to four games for the second time this season.
• The Cyclones pitchers stranded runners in scoring position three of the final four innings.
Brooklyn vs. Lowell, Monday, 7 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn, NY
Probables: RHP Kyle Wilson (0-0, 7.36 ERA) vs. RHP Eduardo Bazardo (0-2, 6.00 ERA)