NORWICH, CT (June 22, 2018) – Ross Adolph tripled twice and drove in four runs, leading the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets past the Connecticut Tigers 9-1 Friday night in the second game of a three-game series at Dodd Stadium.
For the full box score, click here.
W: Campusano (2-0)
L: Vasquez (1-1)
• Ross Adolph broke a scoreless tie in the top of the third, recording a two-run triple to right field to make it 2-0. Adolph added a second triple in the sixth, driving in his fourth run of the night to make it 7-0.
• Briam Campusano tossed five innings of scoreless ball, allowing two hits and two walks. The righty struck out eight batters, including six in a row between the third and fifth innings.
• Wagner Lagrange tripled and scored on Ross Adolph’s RBI fielder’s choice in the third, pushing the Brooklyn lead to 3-0.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Ross Adolph: 3-4, 2 3B, 4 RBI, 2 R, BB
• Briam Campusano: W, 5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K
• Chase Chambers: 3-5, 2B, RBI, 2 R
• Oliver Pascual: 2-5, 2B
NEWS & NOTES
• Ross Adolph became the second Cyclones player to record two triples in a game this season (Jose Brizuela, June 16 vs. Staten Island). It marks the first time in Brooklyn history that two players accomplished the feat in the same season. The Cyclones also recorded three triples in a game for the third time in team history.
• Briam Campusano has not allowed a run in 11 innings of work. The Cyclones starting staff has a 1.83 ERA through the season’s first eight games.
• Jose Medina and Wagner Lagrange each extended their respective hitting streaks to a team-high seven games.
Cyclones at Tigers, Saturday, 6:05 p.m. Dodd Stadium – Norwich, CT
Probables: RHP Nicolas Debora (0-0, 3.86 ERA) vs. RHP Gio Arriera (0-1, 7.71 ERA)