BROOKLYN, NY (June 20, 2018) – Despite a 7-5 lead heading into the ninth inning, the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, fell 8-7 in 10 innings to the Hudson Valley Renegades Wednesday night in the finale of a three-game series.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Myers (1-0)
L: Sanchez (0-1)
Cyclones HR: Brizuela (2)
• Ford Proctor’s sacrifice fly in the top of the tenth plated the go-ahead run for Hudson Valley, giving the Renegades an 8-7 lead. Chris Betts’ ninth-inning, two-run home run erased Brooklyn’s 7-5 advantage.
• Jose Brizuela launched solo home run over the bleachers in right field, breaking a tie in the sixth to give the Cyclones a 6-5 lead.
• Hudson Valley’s Jake Stone gave the Renegades a 4-2 lead with a two-run single in the top of the fourth inning.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Dionis Paulino: 3-5, 2B, R
• Jose Brizuela: 1-5, HR, RBI, R, BB
• Kevin Hall: 2-5, 2 2B, RBI, R
• Ross Adolph: 2-4, 2 RBI, R
NEWS & NOTES
• Jose Brizuela has hit home runs in consecutive games, both of which have given the Cyclones the lead.
• Brooklyn turned another double play Wednesday, bringing the team’s total to league-leading nine over the first six games.
• The Cyclones played their first extra-innings game under minor league baseball’s new rules.
Cyclones at Tigers, Thursday, 7:05 p.m.
Dodd Stadium – Norwich, CT
Probables: RHP Christian James (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. RHP Wilkel Hernandez (0-0, 0.00 ERA)