BROOKLYN, NY (June 19, 2018) – In a back-and-forth game that featured five lead changes, the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, rallied to beat the Hudson Valley Renegades 7-5 Tuesday night at MCU Park in the second of a three-game series.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
W: Colon (2-0)
L: Goodbrand (0-1)
S: Lozer (2)
Cyclones HR: Brizuela (1)
• Oliver Pascual’s run-scoring single in the bottom of the eighth inning scored Chandler Avant from second base. Avant avoided the tag on a close play, sliding under Renegades catcher Chris Betts’ glove to score the go-ahead run.
• Trailing 5-4 into the bottom of the seventh, Jose Brizuela blasted a two-run home run into the right field bleachers, giving the Cyclones a 5-4 lead.
• With the game tied 2-2 in the sixth, Chris Betts and Garrett Giovannelli each plated runs to give Hudson Valley a 4-2 advantage.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Oliver Pascual: 2-4, 2 RBI, R
• Jose Brizuela: 2-3, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R, BB
• Jose Medina: 2-5, 2 2B, R
• Seth Davis: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 K
NEWS & NOTES
• Brooklyn has won the first two series of the season, and leads the McNamara Division with a 4-1 record.
• The Cyclones turned two more double plays Tuesday, bringing the team’s total to eight over the first five games.
• Starting pitcher Ryan McAuliffe set new career highs with 4 1/3 innings pitched and five strikeouts.
Cyclones vs. Renegades, Wednesday, 7 p.m.
Probables: RHP Kyle Wilson (0-0, -.-- ERA) vs. RHP Easton McGee (1-0, 0.00 ERA)