BROOKLYN, NY (June 16, 2018) – Behind six no-hit innings from Briam Campusano, and a grand slam from Kendall Coleman the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short-Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, defeated the Staten Island Yankees 7-0 on Saturday night in front of 7,702 fans at MCU Park in the home opener.
For the full box score, click here. For the radio highlights, click here.
- Briam Campusano turned in six no-hit innings, allowing two walks with three strikeouts. The Cyclones starter retired the first 12 Yankees he faced en route to the victory.
- With the bases loaded in the fifth inning, Coleman delivered against his former team, driving a grand slam over the right field fence to push Brooklyn’s lead from 2-0 to 6-0.
- In his first professional at-bat in his hometown, Manny Rodriguez lined an RBI single into left field that scored Jose Brizuela and handed the Cyclones a 1-0 edge in the 2nd inning.
- David Thompson continued his minor league rehab assignment with Brooklyn, finishing 0-4.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Briam Campusano: W, 6.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 K
- Jose Brizuela: 3-3, 2 3B, 2B, 3 R
- Kendall Coleman: 1-4, HR, 4 RBI
NEWS & NOTES
- Coleman’s grand slam was the first home run of the season for the Brooklyn Cyclones. He’s the first player in New York-Penn League history to suit up for both the Cyclones and the Staten Island Yankees.
- A sellout crowd of 7,702 fans came out to MCU Park to watch Brooklyn’s home opener, the Cyclones’ 17th sellout in 18 home openers.
Cyclones at Yankees, Sunday, 1:30 p.m.
Probables: RHP Nicolas Debora (0-0, -.-- ERA) vs. RHP Roasny Contreras (0-0, -.—ERA)