Articles from June 2013
The rainout from Tuesday, June 18th will be made up as part of a single-admission doubleheader on Monday, July 1st with first pitch set for 6:00 PM. The Cyclones and Yankees will play two, seven inning games as is the norm in Minor League Baseball.
The Cyclones will take on the Staten Island Yankees in a doubleheader on Monday, July 1st. This will be the first "Meaningful Monday" of the season for the Cyclones, with $3 from every ticket sold being donated to ConeyRecovers.org as we continue to rebuild following Superstorm Sandy.
The Brooklyn Cyclones will return to MCU Park on Saturday, June 29th at 6:00 PM to take on the defending NYPL Champion Hudson Valley Renegades. Fans will be entertained by Reggy the Purple Party Dude during the game and by a fireworks extravaganza after the game. It's also Girl Scout Sleepeover night at the ballpark.
Fans attending the doubleheader on Monday, July 1st will get a special treat when your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man will be at MCU Park to mingle with fans and take photos. In addition, Spider-Man Turn off the Dark, the hit Broadway Musical, will have numerous ticket giveaways throughout the evening.
Join the Brooklyn Cyclones on Saturday, June 29th, 2013 for the 9th Annual Take Your Base Run/Walk on the famous Reigelmann Boardwalk in Coney Island. Proceeds will benefit various charities throughout the NYC Area.
The Brooklyn Cyclones will once again be celebrating Jewish Heritage Night at MCU Park in Coney Island on Sunday, June 23rd at 5:00 P.M. when the Cyclones host the Hudson Valley Renegades.
Colton Plaia's ninth inning single capped a four-run rally that tied the game, but the IronBirds rallied in the 10th for a 5-4 win.
MCU Park's premium seating options offer a unique and memorable way to entertain clients, reward employees or just gather with family and friends. When you are enjoying yourself in a Luxury Suite or on the Party Deck, you are watching baseball in style!
On Friday, June 21st, the first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a Retro Lunch Box courtesy of Pepsi, but that's just the beginning. Stick around for post-game fireworks, great Cyclones baseball and an unobstructed view as the landmarked Coney Island Parachute Jump is lit up for the first time with over 8,000 LED lights.
Group tickets for Irish Heritage Night - always one of our most popular evenings at the ballpark - are on sale now. When you bring a group of 20 or more to the ballpark you get great benefits, like discounted tickets, and other rewards.
Tuesday's Home Opener at MCU Park between the Cyclones and Staten Island Yankees has been postponed due to rain. Tickets for the game marked June 18th can be exchanged for any game during the 2013 season, based on availability.
With the 2013 Brooklyn Cyclones Home Opener set for Tuesday, June 18th, here is everything you would need to know for your first trip to MCU Park:
• Want to Listen to the Game? - Whether you are at the ballpark or at home, David Greenwald will call every pitch of the 2013 season for the Brooklyn Cyclones. We can once again be heard on 90.3 FM WKRB, online at BrooklynCyclones.com or through your phone, wherever you go, through the TuneIn Radio App.
• Getting in the Game - Until construction is completed on the Parachute Jump, the back gate of MCU Park will remain closed. We expect that once crews complete the work of putting the lights on the landmark, we will once again be able to use our back gate as a means of entry.
• Driving to the Game - The standard parking rate for Cyclones games will remain $5 in the lot adjacent to the ballpark. This rate will be in effect starting two hours prior to first pitch. If you arrive before that time, you will be charged the standard beach parking rate.
• Red Carpet Welcome - Be sure to arrive early for Opening Day, as the 2013 Cyclones will greet fans on the stairs from 5:15 PM (when season ticket holder gates open) until 5:45 PM.
• Pitching In - Be sure to check out the brand-new “Mojo Pitching Cage,” located on the third base concourse at MCU Park. Test your accuracy and clock your speed with a chance to win the title of the “Fastest Arm in Brooklyn.”
• Wine and Dine - MCU Park will feature some new culinary delights this summer including Buffalo Tater Tots (located at the 3B Concession Stand), The King Dog – a bacon wrapped hot dog with caramelized onions, and the BC Beef Sandwich – a delicious roast beef sandwich served in it’s own juices. For those Cyclones fans who double as a Sommelier, we will also be serving wine by the glass from the Gallery Sports Bar located on the ground level of MCU Park.
• Jersey off the Back - The Cyclones will be wearing special jerseys tomorrow as we kick off our yearlong “Meaningful Monday” initiative. Each jersey will feature a different neighborhood that was impacted by Superstorm Sandy. These jerseys will be raffled off during the game and auctioned off throughout the season.
• comeBacK T-Shirts - If you haven’t purchased your “comeBacK” t-shirt yet we will have them for sale on the concourse while supplies last. Sizes Small – XL are $20 and XXL and XXXL are $23 with proceeds to benefit our Meaningful Monday Initiative.
If you haven’t purchased your tickets yet, don’t worry it’s not too late. Visit BrooklynCyclones.com, call 718-507-TIXX or visit the MCU Park box office to be part of the #ConeyComeback.
For the Mazzilli family - including Lee, L.J. and his twin sister Lacey - there is a lot to celebrate this Father's Day as L.J. begins his journey as a professional baseball player while his proud poppa watches on.
The 2013 Brooklyn Cyclones have arrived on Coney Island and will take the field for their first full practice this evening at MCU Park. The newest edition of Brooklyn’s Boys of Summer, features some familiar faces as well as one very familiar name.
The Brooklyn Cyclones will kick off the 2013 season on June 18th against the Staten Island Yankees, and as always it will be a night full of excitement right from the moment gates open and fans are greeted by this year's version of the Cyclones.
The Brooklyn Cyclones have joined MiLB Charities for the "15 for 15" Initiative to raise money for Oklahoma Tornado Victims. From June 3rd through June 17th 15% of the total proceeds from team store sales will be give to those affected by the tornadoes in Oklahoma.
Starting on Saturday, June 1st and running through Monday, June 17th the Cyclones will give away prizes to our fans on social media as we countdown towards Opening Day. Free tickets, autographs, first pitch opportunities and more!
Looking for an idea for a Father's Day gift for dad? The Cyclones have you covered! Get four field box seats, $10 Cyclones cash and the opportunity to take a family photo on the field for just $60.
Join us at MCU Park, Home of the Brooklyn Cyclones for “Brooklyn Changes the World” Day & Celebrity Softball Game. Featuring several New York Giants, Miss New York and Best Selling Author and Children's Advocate Gina Otto.
Four members of the 2012 Brooklyn Cyclones team have been named to the South Atlantic Leagues (SAL) All-Star team. Gabriel Ynoa, Brandon Nimmo, Jayce Boyd and Kevin Plawecki will be representing the Savannah Sand Gnats during the game on June 18th in Lakewood, New Jersey.
With most full-season times closing in on the halfway point of their season, here's a look at how some of the Cyclones from year's past are performing this season.