The first-place Cyclones have clinched the McNamara Division title and a postseason berth. Now is the time to make sure you're at MCU Park to see all the Bank of America New York-Penn League Playoff action!
The Bank of America NYPL Playoff games consist of two best-of-three series from September 7th through the 13th and the Cyclones' potential home games, sponsored by U.S. Gas & Electric, are designated as Game A through Game D
By virtue of the best record in the league, the Cyclones will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, meaning that the second and (if necessary) third game of each series in which the Cyclones play will be played at MCU Park!
The Cyclones' first home playoff game will take place on Wednesday, September 8th at 7pm. The opponent is still to be determined. If necessary, the third game of the Semi-Finals will take place at MCU Park on September 9th at 7pm
. We will announce specific dates and times for postseason games as the Playoff picture is finalized. In the event that games are not played, the credit card used for payment will automatically be credited for the face value and per ticket fees. You will not have to return your tickets.
Every Cyclones home playoff game is sponsored by U.S. Gas & Electric, and the first 1,000 fans at each game will receive special 2010 Playoff t-shirts, presented by USG&E.
The 2010 Bank of America NYPL Playoff format is as follows:
Semi-Final Championship Series (Best two out of three)
NYPL Championship Series (Best two out of three)
- Three Divisional Champions and one Wild Card team will play in a New York-Penn League Semi-Final Playoff Series.
- The Wild Card team shall play the Division Champion with the best won/ost percentage, and the other two Division Champions shall play each other, in a Semi-Final Championship Series, with the two clubs that win two games first in their respective series advancing to the NYPL Championship Series.
- The Division Champion with the best regular-season won/lost percentage shall host the second and third games in its series (the third game only to be played if necessary); provided, however, that a Division Champion shall always host the second and third games if the other club in the series is the Wild Card.
2010 NYPL PLAYOFF SCHEDULE:
- The two clubs winning two games first in the Semi-Final Championship Series will play each other in the Championship Series.
- The Wild Card, or if no Wild Card, the Division Champion with the worst regular-season won/lost percentage, will host Game 1, with the other club hosting Games 2 and 3 (the third game to be played only if necessary).
- The club winning two games first in the Championship Series will be the New York-Penn League Champion.
If BOTH Semi-Final series are over in two games, the Championship Series schedule moves up one day: Off Day on Sept. 9, Game 1 on Sept. 10, Game 2 on Sept. 11, Game 3 (if necessary) on Sept. 12
||Game 1 (Semi-Finals)
||Game 2 (Semi-Finals)
||Game 3 (Semi-Finals) -- if necessary
||Game 1 (Championship Series)
||Game 2 (Championship Series)
||Game 3 (Championship Series) -- if necessary
As one of their many benefits, Season Ticket Holders get FREE Playoff Tickets, which can be picked up at MCU Park from August 18th through the 26th (any tickets not picked up in person during that time period will be mailed out on August 27th. 2010 Bank of America NYPL Playoff tickets will be on sale to the general public at MCU Park after the Cyclones game on August 18th, and by phone or internet beginning August 19th at 10am.