Everyone thinks their office is like The Office, right? There's just something about Dunder Mifflin that resonates with anyone who's ever worked in an office.
On August 4th, the Cyclones will host a Salute to The Office, celebrating office workers, workplace shenanigans, and all the things that make being a 9-to-5er so great (and, sometimes, so awful).
Submit an essay of 500 words or less and tell us why your place of employment is the best place to work in Brooklyn. Tell us funny stories, inspiring stories, or stories that you think sum up the work you do and the environment in which you do it. The author of the winning essay will win 10 tickets to the August 4th game and the opportunity for you (and your boss) to throw out the games' ceremonial first pitch.
Our Salute to the Office will feature various "Office Olympics" between innings, including:
- Paper Airplane Toss Contest
- Morning Coffee Race
- Blind Folded Egg on a spoon race
- Wastepaper Basketball
- The Office Trivia question game
There will also be a table on MCU Park's concourse with a jar of jelly beans. The person who guesses how many jelly beans are in the jar will win a visit from Sandy the Seagull and two Cyclones players to their office. A business card fishbowl will give office workers a chance to win 4 tickets to a future game.
Fans can also submit (via email to email@example.com or on the Cyclones' Facebook page) examples of:
- Worst / Funniest excuse used/heard for calling into work sick
- Dumbest thing your boss has ever said to you
- “Non- work related” activities that you and your co-workers do while your boss is out
The following August 4th ticket deals can also be taken advantage of:
- Businesses that purchase 40+ tickets are entered to win a suite for a weekday game
- If you dress like “Dwight Schrute” you will receive an additional $1 off your ticket
- If your name is Michael Scott you get into the August 4th game for free
- Bring a can of beets for the canned food drive – receive a free raffle ticket.
The Cyclones' Salute to The Office on August 4th will be one of the most fun-filled nights of the season.