CONEY ISLAND, NY (August 31, 2018) – Hudson Valley pitchers combined to hold the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season, Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, to two hits in a 4-1 Renegades win Friday night at MCU Park in the finale of a three-game series.
For the full box score, click here.
W: Sanchez (1-0)
L: Wilson (4-4)
S: Sprengel (2)
- Hudson Valley starter Christopher Sanchez, making his second NYPL start, earned the victory. Sanchez allowed one unearned run on one hit, striking out six and walking three.
- Ford Proctor’s RBI double in the third broke a tie, giving the Renegades a 2-1 lead. Hudson Valley added another in the inning and tacked on a run in the fourth.
- Trailing 1-0, Brooklyn tied the game in the bottom of the first when Dylan Tice scored on a Renegades fielding error.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Dylan Tice: 0-2, 2 BB, R
- Ezequiel Zabaleta: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 K
- Billy Oxford: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
NEWS & NOTES
- With a Brooklyn loss and an Auburn Doubledays victory, the Cyclones trail the NYPL Wild Card by a half game with three to play.
- Hudson Valley won the McNamara Division title with Friday’s victory.
- Cyclones athletic trainer was ejected after the fifth inning by home plate umpire Dylan Bradley.
Brooklyn vs. Staten Island – Saturday, 6 p.m.
MCU Park – Brooklyn, NY
Probables: RHP Jaison Vilera (5-1, 1.72) vs. RHP Matt Sauer (2-6, 4.23)